The Importance of Replacing the Air Filters in Your Car (Part 3)
NOTE: This is part 3 of 106St Tire & Wheel's series on air filters in your vehicle.
Below are various benefits to replacing your car filter according to different manufacturers.
1. Avoiding premature wear and tear of your car engine
This simple yet important piece of equipment is made to trap debris and dirt before it enters your car engi ...[more]
This is part 2 in 106St Tire & Wheel's series on air filters -- part of our commitment to keeping you and your passengers safe. Click here for part 1.
How to maintain your car air filter
There are two important ways in which you can take care of your car’s air filters.
1. Regular inspection – just like any unit in your house, you have to regularly inspect your car’s air filters. By doing this, you will ensure that they are in good condition. A good rule of thumb is to check them at least once a week. You should look at them more often during hot and windy weather. During hot and dry weather, the units will accumulate more dirt than usual, so we recommend that you keep ...[more]
The Importance of Replacing the Air Filters in Your Car
Everyone knows how important car maintenance and oil changes are to vehicle performance. However, most people do not know the significant of replacing the air filters. You may be shocked to know the benefits your air filter brings and how it prevents engine problems from occurring. This small unit plays an important role in improving air quality. And for the filters to work properly, you need to take good care of them.
According to various studies, exposure of passengers inside a vehicle to dangerous air pollutants is higher than that of pedestrians, bicyclists, and other public transfer riders. Increased exposure to pollutants can bring health problems. The pollutants can also irritate the nose, eyes, and respiratory systems.
Your car engine relies on cl ...[more]
A good auto service technician could adjust things like idle speed, fuel/air mixture, fuel metering and timing on older vehicles so you could get more pick up from your ride. Today, that’s all handled by the engine control computer. Still, there are a few ways to coax your engine into better performance.
- Air Filter: An engine relies on air, fuel and spark to run. The “air” part of that equation is pretty easy to enhance. A dirty air filter will, of course, restrict the flow of critical fresh air into the fuel system. This compromises fuel economy and power. The filter should be changed at regular intervals; for those who are looking to enhance performance. Aftermarket air filters are available for even freer breathing ability. Engines also perform better when they can take in colder, den ...[more]
Simple maintenance check list:
FAQ about maintenance made Real Simple: No maintenance=expensive problems
1. Check your tire pressure...simpler, have 106 St Tire do it FREE.
More than 90 percent of cars on the road are driven every day with improperly inflated tires with most being under-inflated. Results?
- can compromise cornering
- can compromise braking
- can compromise stability and safety
- more likely to have a tire-related accident because of the above like tire failure (thousands happen every year and cause deaths ...[more]
Come on now, you can tell us how nasty it is......sssh, we won't tell a soul! <wink>
Seriously, they don't need changing all that often and they can sure make your ride a bit sluggish...air filters are important because ultimately its your car's "breathing" mechanism. Your engine runs on a combination of air and gasoline. Your gas filter makes sure particles found in gasoline are filtered out and, of course ...[more]