5 Quick Tips about Oil Changes
Our expert technicians at 106St. Tire and Wheel are thrilled to assist customers improve vehicle functionality and safety for the summer months ahead. All locations of 106St Tire and Wheel offer oil changes for most cars starting at $25 for the first 5 qts. and a free tire rotation. Our Northern Blvd location is open 24/7, so schedule your appointment now. Call us 718-446-6769 / just drive on in / or click:http://106sttire.com/appointments
Why are oil changes so important?
Simple maintenance check list:
FAQ about maintenance made Real Simple: No maintenance=expensive problems
1. Check your tire pressure...simpler, have 106 St Tire do it FREE.
More than 90 percent of cars on the road are driven every day with improperly inflated tires with most being under-inflated. Results?
- can compromise cornering
- can compromise braking
- can compromise stability and safety
- more likely to have a tire-related accident because of the above like tire failure (thousands happen every year and cause deaths ...[more]
Always Critical to Extending Engine Life.....
1. Engine Performance: 106 ST Tire & Wheel could never stress the importance of this aspect of vehicle maintenance. Changing oil regularly helps maintain vital engine performances and engine operations. Allowing improved functionality and smoother driving, changing oil every 3,000 nukes will keep internal engine parts clean and lubricated.
2. Remove Build-Up: Used oil eventually builds up certain amounts of dirt and debris and becomes engine gunk, without regular oil changes this can damage engine components and decrease performance a lot.
3. Fuel Economy:...[more]
Changing brake fluid seems important but yet it's somewhat controversial.
Some car makers think it's important and include it in their maintenance schedules and others don't. We think it's important too!
FAQ series from 106 St Tire & Wheel:
8 Tips to Extend the Life of your Car
1) Check and change your oil regularly. There's some controversy on how often. 106 St Tire & Wheel advises you to check your owner's manual.
That's the best place to get accurate information specific to YOUR CAR. If your owner's manual is not around, Google it and you will probably find it
online in a downloadable format. Example for searching for it online?
- Google example: Owner's Manual 2009 Toyota Camry. That kind of search is bound to turn it up.
And remember, there's no single step in auto maintenance that will help your engine last more than regular oil and oil filter changes w ...[more]
Safety Tips for Holiday Travelers
Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching! Then Christmas! Will you be doing "over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house" in your car? Well, folks, make sure that "sleigh" is safe, weather ready and you and your family are comfortable.
Your friends at 106 St Tire & Wheel are deeply invested in anything auto...we place a high value on educating our customers so read on to learn more about road conditions, traffic, saving money, staying safe and awake!
It goes without saying to before leaving, please, take your car to one of our locations for a free 47 point safety check that includes the major automotive systems, your tires, your brakes, your fluids, your lights, etc. DO IT BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY INCLUDING OTHER DRIVERS!...[more]
- You can cross-thread the drain plug, necessitating a tap-and-die job to cut new threads. On an aluminum oil pan, you may end up having to replace the entire pan.
- You can leave off the copper crush washer when reinstalling the drain plug, resulting in a slow leak
- The oil filter should be barely tighter than hand-tight…overtightening it can deform the rubber gasket, causing a leak. Not tightening i ...[more]