Sure, gas is cheap now....but will it always be that way? Emissions and green house gases are a factor in climate change. Could you use a few extra bucks in your pocket at the holiday season? With more drivers on the road at the holidays, 106 St Tire has to caution you that increased traffic, a faster pace and poor tire performance could cause some serious issues...these factors could contribute to an accident.
Queens 106 St. Tire & Wheel, Inc is continuing its innovative role as a community educator by supplying information about gasoline prices, how to save money on gas and using better judgment while driving to improve gas mileage and driver and passenger safety. It’s also adding a host of free services to customers.
In J ...[more]
106 St Tire & Wheel will be on the road to SEMA 2015 in Las Vegas!
106 St Tire always attends the SEMA show, which is the largest automotive industry show in the world. It displays the latest and greatest in the industry and keeps our technology, as well as the world's auto tech, up to date. In a world where technology is advancing as fast as it is, it’s critical for our organization to keep our knowledge and skill up to date to better serve our customers with KNOWLEDGE.
106 St Tire is a progressive organization, understanding that knowledge is power, so off we go! We will do as we usually do and make what we see available to our customers on our Facebook page, so come and follow us for g ...[more]
106 St Tire & Wheel FAQ series presents
How Are Brake Pads Made:
1) Like most things, brake pads start in a lab....how to do it, what to include, configuration, etc., and, let’s face it, Napa has great auto parts. They are known worldwide as a quality brake manufacturer. 106 St Tire wouldn't have it any other way, would we? With decades of service to the auto community in Queens, we wouldn't settle for anything less than Napa. Would you?
2) So, let's talk what's critical: a dynamometer. What the hell is it? Great question! It's is a device for measuring force, torque, or power and before brakes are brakes, a brake pad will spend hours on a "dyno." Why? To verify the performance.
3) During the process of developing brake pads, engineers will carefully examine every ...[more]
Yokohama is currently offering a $60 rebate off qualifying tires!
106 St Tire has been serving Queens for decades, and we are delighted as always to share great tire rebates still ongoing at all of our locations. Don't wait until it's too late to save money, get ready for winter, improve your gas mileage and drive safer.
Our number is 718-446-6769, so call or come on over 24/7.
Buy any 4 tires and get a free wheel alignment, nitrogen fill for a year, and free tire rotation for the life of those purchased tires, as well as free mounting and balancing!
Autumn...Time to Change your Driving Style for Safety Sake
Autumn is a dangerous time to drive because schools open, leaves fall....
1) Kids have gone back to school
2) Halloween puts more kids on the streets after dark
3) Daylight savings time is approaching, it will be darker earlier
4) Fallen leaves make roads slippery
5) Leave hide debris, pot holes, kids
Result? The number one killer of kids ages 4-18 is traffic accidents that happen in autumn reports the
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. That amounts to 29% of all pedestrian related fatalities.
NEARLY 800 KIDS ARE KILLED EVERY YEAR DURING SCHOOL TRAVEL TIMES.
Our children's safety must be a high priori ...[more]
- Re-true a warped or bent wheel with a specialized straightening machine, bringing it back to balance and trueness again quickly
- Repair the damage that comes from being scuff ...[more]