Come on now, you can tell us how nasty it is......sssh, we won't tell a soul! <wink>
Seriously, they don't need changing all that often and they can sure make your ride a bit sluggish...air filters are important because ultimately its your car's "breathing" mechanism. Your engine runs on a combination of air and gasoline. Your gas filter makes sure particles found in gasoline are filtered out and, of course ...[more]
Check your belts!
The front of your engine will usually have a series of rubber drive belts (depending on the make of your car, of course) that loop around the pulleys; these belts drive everything from the alternator to the a/c compressor. Your belts are subject to high temperatures and cold ones as well. Picture a winter day, your engine is ice cold like the weather.
...Another FAQ article in a series from the pros at 106 St Tire & Wheel about choosing the right wiper fluid
The most critical facets about choosing the best windshield wiper fluid for your car is this:
1) freeze point
2) removal of oil, bug guts, dirt, bird droppings, road grime that cloud vision
b) do not expect all windshield wiper fluids to be created equal...READ THE LABEL!
c) consider the unpredictability of the approaching winter and what kinds of temperatures you will face
The critical thing to co ...[more]
Here's something you've never thought about!
It's not your tires that support the weight of your car...it is the air pressure in your tires!
Think about that, please? It may give new meaning to something critically important and that's maintaining the correct air pressure in your tires so your vehicle gets proper traction, handles the way it is supposed to and your tires get the durability they are supposed to have.
Winter is approaching, traction is critical to your drive in snow and ice.
Handling is important all the time but even more so in the winter, right?
You cannot set your tire pressure and forget about it. It has to be checked at least once a month. 106 St Tire & Wheel does this for free and offers free compressed air, so no worries, but the thing is you have to get yourself ...[more]
106 ST Tire & Wheel's Newest Location Open Holidays 24/7;
State of the Art Wheel Alignment Center & Repair Shop
...both locations on Northern Blvd are open holidays 24/7 except Christmas
106 St Tire & Wheel, Inc an established tire and wheel business in Queens, NYC has announced the opening of their 5th location at 105-08 Northern Blvd. Now, as a member of the renowned Napa Auto Parts family, 106 St Tire’s new Napa Car Care Center will offer customers in Brooklyn and Queens an opportunity to extend the life of their vehicle with reasonably priced car care.
A 106 St Tire spokeswoman stated, “Too many of our customers do damage control rather than preventative maintenance. The problem with that is often additional needless expense as mechanical repairs, ...[more]
Green is GOOD!
a few quick tips on helping earth heal:
- keep tires properly inflated
- replace filters regularly
- change oil regularly
- check your gas cap
- recycle/dispose of engine oil, old tires, batteries properly
- if you have serious engine problems chose a used or rebuilt engine
a better tomorrow for our kids is a choice we make TODAY!
FAQ series from 106 St Tire & Wheel:
8 Tips to Extend the Life of your Car
1) Check and change your oil regularly. There's some controversy on how often. 106 St Tire & Wheel advises you to check your owner's manual.
That's the best place to get accurate information specific to YOUR CAR. If your owner's manual is not around, Google it and you will probably find it
online in a downloadable format. Example for searching for it online?
- Google example: Owner's Manual 2009 Toyota Camry. That kind of search is bound to turn it up.
And remember, there's no single step in auto maintenance that will help your engine last more than regular oil and oil filter changes w ...[more]
Safety Tips for Holiday Travelers
Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching! Then Christmas! Will you be doing "over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house" in your car? Well, folks, make sure that "sleigh" is safe, weather ready and you and your family are comfortable.
Your friends at 106 St Tire & Wheel are deeply invested in anything auto...we place a high value on educating our customers so read on to learn more about road conditions, traffic, saving money, staying safe and awake!
It goes without saying to before leaving, please, take your car to one of our locations for a free 47 point safety check that includes the major automotive systems, your tires, your brakes, your fluids, your lights, etc. DO IT BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY INCLUDING OTHER DRIVERS!...[more]
Emergency Winter Roadside Kit; YOU NEED ONE! (part 2)
1) Keeping your body temperature regulated and avoidance hypothermia in a winter emergency is crucial. Please keep your clean cloth items in plastic bags to make sure they stay dry. Pack extra pairs of gloves and socks along with an extra hat and/or a facemask to keep you as warm as possible so you can change if yours get wet while changing a tire. Also, a second pair of insulated shoes or boots are important as extremities need extra warmth and if one pair gets wet.
2) Store at least two blankets in your kit or in your trunk. Include chemical hand warmers and a mylar blanket which looks like a thin piece of aluminum foil, but works with your body heat to keep your temperature consistent. Wool blankets are warm ...[more]
|1 2 3||Next >>|