What is headlight restoration? (Part 3
Headlight Restoration Increases Driving Safety
If your headlights are worn or cloudy, then you are taking a huge and unnecessary risk when driving at night. According to a study conducted by the AAF Foundation for Traffic Safety:
· 9 out of 10 vehicles on the road have dirty or cloudy headlights, which reduces visibility. These cars need their headlights to be repaired, replaced, and restored.
· Many drivers do not know that worn and cloudy headlights are not just ugly, but reduce visibility at night by over fifty percent.
According to a recent study by Google and Yahoo, many accidents today are linked to dirty and cloudy headlights that offer ineffective lighting. The headlights are made using plastic, and they are significantly affected by harsh road and weather conditions.
The UV rays from Mother Nature, chemicals from the engine, and smog and fumes bring some serious effects on the plastic in your lights, making it cloudy and worn.
When an accident is caused by reduced light output from cloudy headlights, it tends to be more severe. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration advises drivers to make sure that their headlights are efficient to avoid getting in trouble.
Your safety should come first! Although there are many headlight restoration kits available on the internet, it is much better to seek the help of a professional. This might seem costly at first, but it will save you money at the end of the day. Clean headlights will make your car look good, and they will also enhance your safety while driving.
You can schedule an appointment with us.
Our locations are:
· 106-01 Northern Blvd. Corona, NY 11368
· 79-20 Queens Blvd. Elmhurst, NY 11373
· 118-02 Merrick Blvd. Jamaica, NY 11434
· 79-20 108th St. Corona, NY 11368