Everything You Need to Know About Automotive Air Conditioning Maintenance (Part 1)
A car air conditioner plays a vital role in ensuring that the temperature inside the vehicle remains pleasant, especially during summer. That's why when an AC system breaks down, it's crucial to have it checked as soon as possible. Neglecting the issue would lead to further problems that could result to the contamination of the system. Worst case scenario, it would be impossible to fix after that. Additionally, experts suggest that you should never try to fix your car's air conditioning system if you don't have the tools or knowledge regarding how the system works because you'd be putting the safety of your environment and yourself at risk.
Warning Signs That Your Automotive AC Needs Repair
1. No Air Conditioning: Obviously, if you turn on your car, turn up the air and get nothing out of the vents, then you are facing some issues with your AC. This could be due to damaged cooling fans, or something worse.
2. Weird Noises: Once you start to hear banging, rattling, or something worse, this could be due to clogged up leaves and/or debris. Whatever it may be, a professional diagnosis is necessary.
3. Nasty Smell: If your car AC is emitting foul odors, this could be a sign of mold growth, which could contribute to respiratory problems and other health concerns. Don't take this for granted.
The Disadvantages of DIY Car AC Fixes
Before you give into the temptation of fixing your car's air conditioner, learn about the possible disadvantages that it could bring.
• It Can End the Warranty of Your Car AC
No doubt, automotive air conditioning units can be costly. However, before you try to get the job done, you have to check what's included in your car warranty first. You might be surprised to discover that a DIY AC car repair would put an end to it. Simply put, after going DIY, you wouldn't be able to get your money back, or have the unit replaced when it malfunctions again. That's why experts always suggest that car owners let a professional handle their issues instead.
• It Could Damage Your Car
Any professional would tell you that most of the time, a DIY AC fix would just damage the system completely. Additionally, this would also void the unity warranty and you would have no choice but to pay a lot just to get your unit working again.
• It Can Be More Costly in the Long Run
Unless you have been repairing car air conditioners for a long time, you probably don't have any idea on how these systems operate. Despite the fact that you can perform a short-term solution, only a licensed technician is capable of doing an efficient, full repair job.
• It Could be Extremely Dangerous
Due to the fact that you'd have to work with electrical wiring when having your AC fixed, this could cause electrocution when mishandled. Thus, a safer option would always be to hire a professional.
You can schedule an appointment with us.
Our locations are:
· 106-01 Northern Blvd. Corona, NY 11368
· 79-20 Queens Blvd. Elmhurst, NY 11373
· 118-02 Merrick Blvd. Jamaica, NY 11434
· 79-20 108th St. Corona, NY 11368